Minnesota Window Installation and Replacement
Why Replace Your Windows?
Change up the look of your house with the trusted Minnesota window installation experts at Schmidt Roofing! Window installation is one of the most exciting exteriors projects based on the sheer amount of choices homeowners have in the matter. But having new windows installed is not all about the looks.
Benefits of New Window Installation
- Increased insulation and energy efficiency: cut down on heating and cooling bills during extreme Minnesota summers and winters.
- Better ventilation: installing new windows can allow more fresh air into stuffy and poorly ventilated spaces.
- More natural light: have a poorly lit area? Add a window for a free source of lighting.
- Increase value and appeal: new windows are one of the best investments homeowners can make in terms of value and curb appeal.
- Leak prevention: old window frames can rot, crack, and warp, allowing water to seep through and damage your home.
Window Styles for Every Home
- Single-hung windows: simple, yet affordable windows that are commonly installed on most homes. The bottom portion opens by sliding upward within the window frame.
- Double-hung windows: similar to single-hung windows, but the top portion of the window also opens by sliding downward.
- Slider windows: common widows that open by sliding side to side on a track. They are generally wider than they are tall.
- Casement (hinged) windows: because casement windows lack a cross bar (which is present on all single and double hung and slider windows) they offer an uninterrupted view of the outside. They open via a crank that pushes the window pane outside of the house.
- Picture windows: offering the most light and the best view of all windows types, but lack the ability to be opened. This makes them great for views, natural light and insulation but bad for ventilation and letting fresh air into the home.
- Bay windows: bay windows are expensive to install but, because they extend out from the side of the house, they are great for expanding the size of a room and adding lots of natural light.
- Awning windows: hinged at the top and open outward, which creates a downward slant that allow the window to be opened while it’s raining without letting any water into the home. Great for kitchens or other rooms that need maximum ventilation and natural light.
- Hopper windows: the opposite of awning windows, as they open from a hinge at the bottom of the window. Commonly used in basements or areas that need a good source of ventilation.
- Glass block windows: made of thick, opaque glass blocks that allow some light to filter through while blocking views in and out of the home. Because you can’t see through them, they are commonly used in bathrooms.
- Egress windows: common in basement areas because they can be opened wide enough to act as an emergency exit. Building codes in many cities require these types of windows to be installed in basement bedrooms.
Schmidt Roofing is backed by some of the best window manufacturers in the industry. Our partner network for window replacement in MN includes companies like Anderson Windows & Doors, Pella, American and Marvin.
Our professional teams only work with the best windows brands, including:
Why Use Schmidt Roofing for your Windows Installation and Replacement?
Have an old, cracked or otherwise damaged window? Schmidt Roofing is a local, family-owned company with more than 20 years of experience replacing and installing windows. We’ll help you through the entire process: from choosing the right windows for your home to final installation, we are here to make the process easy for you. From the first call you make to our team to the last nail we pick up off your property, we are there for you. If you need window installation and replacement in Minneapolis or the surrounding areas, you can rest easy knowing Schmidt Roofing is on the job.
Want to get started on your next home improvement project? Contact the team at Schmidt Roofing today. We offer free estimates, and quick and reliable service for all window installation and replacement projects. We can’t wait to help you improve the look of your home!